Top Video Marketing Statistics 2021
Animated videos can help businesses build long-term relationships with customers and promote their products creatively. Let’s dig deeper and find out how you can use the force of animated videos for the growth of your business.
Video has become one of the most popular types of content around the web. People, businesses, organizations – everyone uses videos to learn, educate, promote, and more. The video content opens many opportunities for brands to build trust with customers, gain their loyalty, evoke their interest to a company, spread the word about it, catch the cold audience’s attention, etc.
The video is one of the biggest business trends and the most versatile formats for efficiently transferring information without cognitive extra-efforts. There is no need to read lengthy tutorials or listen to explanations of how to use a product or service or perform any work. People can do it much more effectively by just watching animated explainer videos or product demo videos, for example. You shouldn’t also think of the most engaging way to tell about your brand on a website or social media, as animated promotional videos can help you do it creatively.
In one- or two-minute videos, we can tell the whole brand story and roadmap. And only near 30 seconds are needed to intrigue a potential customer with an engaging video ad on Instagram, Facebook, or any other social network. As you can see, the power of animated videos, explainer videos, and video marketing is impressive. You may not believe us. However, data doesn’t lie.
In this brief overview, we provide video marketing stats gathered from the most authoritative sources like Forbes, Cisco, Renderforest, Twitter, Facebook, etc., to help you see a clearer picture of the state of video marketing and the benefits of videos for your business success.
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- To watch every video that will be crossing global IP networks in one month in 2021, you will need to spend full five million years. (Cisco)
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool and 59% of non-video marketers expect to start leveraging it in 2021. Further, 92% of marketers who use video report it as an essential part of their strategy. (Wyzowl)
- 66% of people said they’d prefer to watch a short video to learn about a product or service. 18% would rather read a text-based article, website, or post. (Elite Content Marketer)
- According to the Renderforest survey, 78% of users got more traffic to their website after using videos. (Renderforest)
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching the video. (Siteefy)
- Video generates more engagement than any other content type on Instagram. (Mention)
- 68% of people will watch a full video if it’s a minute long or less. (Convenience and Convert)
- And 39% call a vendor after watching the video. (Forbes)
- 78% of people watch videos online each week, and 55% watch videos every day. (50 Wheel)
- In the last 12 months, video views have grown 220x on Twitter. Also, 93% of the video views on the microblogging platform happen on a mobile device. (Twitter)
- The number one way customers are moving from discovering a brand to purchasing its products is video ads. (Animoto)
- The three most popular types of videos are webinars, demos, and social videos. Given the cancelation of major conferences and events in the wake of the coronavirus crisis in 2021, webinars are a great way to engage with business professionals. (Vidyard)
- 33% of viewers lose attention and will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes. (50 Wheel)
- A Cisco whitepaper forecasted that 82% of all IP traffic (both business and consumer) would be video IP traffic by 2022. (Cisco)
- For under 45 seconds, mobile is the leading device for video consumption in Australia (at 69%). But the non-connected living room widescreen is the king of the screens for over 55 seconds (at 61%). (Facebook)
- No wonder, YouTube is the second most popular website in the world (after Google). (Alexa)
- 91% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media. Indeed, 93% of businesses claim to have landed a customer because of a video on social media. (Animoto)
- A study of over 777M Facebook posts by Buffer found that videos manage 59% more engagement than other post types. (Buffer)
- Video is the fastest-growing advertising tool on Twitter. (Twitter)
Why is video marketing effective?
For many online shops and other brands, video marketing has become a fundamental part of their business strategy. Here is a small selection of stats about video marketing from Biteable’s survey of 2021.
- Nearly 61% of companies say that video content is a major part of their marketing plan.
- About 30% of sellers consider video marketing strategy development more important than their website.
- The vast majority, 74%, say that videos have better numbers regarding ROI than simple static images.
But why is using video in the marketing strategy so popular today? Let’s check out some other video marketing statistics for 2021.
- According to Brightcove, the video gives a 157% organic traffic increase from search engine results pages;
- The conversion rate for websites that use videos is on average 4.8% more, in comparison to 2.9% for the websites that avoid videos.
- As reported by Hubspot, 83% of video marketers claimed that they had generated leads with the help of video content.
- Videos have expanded the understanding of the product or service is claimed by about 95% of video marketers.
- Almost 93% of brands say they got new customers due to the videos posted on their social media accounts.
- And finally, 84% of customers claim that they’ve been persuaded to purchase a product or service after watching a video posted by a brand.
Seeing these video content marketing stats leaves no questions that this is a powerful tool to increase sales for your product and increase your customers’ engagement as your audience.
The ROI of video marketing
And what about video advertising statistics on ROI? Here we present some remarkable numbers.
According to Biteable, around 68% of marketers claim a return of the investment of a video is better than from one of Google Ads. Moreover, YouTube is claimed to have a better ROI for the video content than Facebook or Instagram.
HubSpot also discovered that more than half (52%) of marketers say that video is the type of content with the best ROI.
Tubular Insights give us the stats of 73% of B2B companies that claim video content had a positive impact on their ROI numbers.
Video marketing statistics: the consumer side
Here are some interesting statistics about video marketing from the consumer’s point of view.
People watch an average amount of 16 hours of online video content weekly.
According to CXL, this number has grown by 52% in comparison to the last 2 years.
Video content is 1200% more successful than other content.
According to LearnHub, videos generate more shares and likes than both text and image content combined.
Viewers absorb 95% of the message while watching the video.
Insivia social media video statistics show that viewers can retain about 95% of the information from the video compared to 10% of information while reading the text.
84% of customers make purchases after watching an explainer video
According to Hubspot’s report on animated video statistics, most people (94%) watch explainer videos to understand the product or the brand better, and 84% of the watchers decided to make a purchase after the video.
Google users are most likely to click on a video search result.
An SEO report from Brightedge has shown that Google search results include video thumbnails in 26% of cases, and users are keener on clicking on video search results.
Video marketing statistics: the business side
After checking some interesting numbers about video in marketing statistics from the customer’s side, let’s look at stats video marketing from the business’ point of view.
Video in the ad campaign gives a 34% increase in conversion rate.
Per the Vidyard report, marketers claimed to have a 34% increase in the conversion rate if the video content was added to their campaign.
Video helped to generate leads for 84% of marketers.
Lemonlight statistics showed that most marketers experienced an increase in leads when using video content in the marketing strategy.
Video ad spendings will increase by 41,9% by 2024
Statista report shows that US marketers will spend 41,9% more on video ad campaigns by the year 2024. The amount is expected to grow from 10.18 billion USD in 2019 to 12.66 billion USD in 2024.
Global streaming market has experienced 55% growth
According to What’s New In Publishing online video marketing statistics, the global streaming market grew to 55% in 2020, compared to 2019. The amount has increased from 104.11 billion USD to 161.37 billion USD.
Almost all of the marketers will continue to use video content
Wyzowl’s report has shown that 99% of marketers are planning to continue using video content in their ad campaigns.
Video content performs well on different social media platforms, and marketers know that for sure. That is why videos are one of the most used types of content in social media marketing.
And here we would like to present you some social media video statistics 2021 that might be useful or just interesting.
- YouTube currently has a fascinating number of 2+ billion users. It canbe roughly described as almost ⅓ of the Internet.
- The average YouTube audience is 18-34 years old. That means that your video will be most likely watched by a solvent user that will have a possibility to purchase your product.
- 51% of consumers spend their time on Youtube.
- YouTube has replaced Facebook as the #1 influence that affects the customer’s behavior in 2019.
- A majority (90%) of customers discover new companies or products with the help of YouTube.
- 1 in 4 consumers will make a purchase after they see a story on Instagram.
- 79% of brands claim that they have landed a new customer from their Instagram account.
- 73% of marketers gained a new customer by posting Instagram stories.
- 41% of marketers say that Instagram Stories became one of the most important marketing strategies in 2020.
- About 25% of Instagram advertisements consist of a single video.
- 45% of consumers are spending their time on Facebook.
- 93% of brands are posting at least 1 video on their Facebook account weekly.
- 64% of companies claimed that a video posted on Facebook resulted in a new client for the past 12 months.
- Facebook Watch has around 140 million users in the daily audience, and they usually spend 26 minutes watching videos daily.
- Almost 75% of brands use video ads on Facebook.
The benefits of videos for business are literally countless. A set of data introduced above just proves that. Animated videos can help businesses build long-term relationships with customers and promote their products creatively. There is likely no better way to educate people on how to use products/services, to tell about your brand, and engage users on social media than to using videos.
Are you looking, maybe, for a trusted and creative team with a proven track record in producing animated explainer videos for business? At Explain Ninja, we’re always passionate about meeting new challenges and handling new projects. Don’t hesitate to contact our experts to learn how our corporate skills and creativity can be beneficial to your business.