Video has become one of the most popular types of content around the web. People, businesses, organizations — everyone uses videos to learn, educate, promote, and more. The video content opens many opportunities for brands to build trust with customers, gain their loyalty, evoke their interest to a company, spread the word about it, catch the cold audience’s attention, etc.
The video is one of the biggest business trends and the most versatile formats for efficiently transferring information without cognitive extra-efforts. There is no need to read lengthy tutorials or listen to explanations of how to use a product or service or perform any work. People can do it much more effectively by just watching animated explainer videos or product demo videos, for example. You shouldn’t also think of the most engaging way to tell about your brand on a website or social media, as animated promotional videos can help you do it creatively.
In one- or two-minute videos, we can tell the whole brand story and roadmap. And only near 30 seconds are needed to intrigue a potential customer with an engaging video ad on Instagram, Facebook, or any other social network. As you can see, the power of animated videos, explainer videos, and video marketing is impressive. You may not believe us. However, data doesn’t lie.
In this brief overview, we provide statistics gathered from the most authoritative sources like Forbes, Cisco, Renderforest, Twitter, Facebook, etc., to help you see a clearer picture of the state of video marketing and the benefits of videos for your business success.
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. (Unbounce)
- To watch every video that will be crossing global IP networks in one month in 2020, you will need to spend full five million years. (Cisco)
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool and 59% of non-video marketers expect to start leveraging it in 2020. Further, 92% of marketers who use video report it as an essential part of their strategy. (Wyzowl)
- 66% of people said they’d prefer to watch a short video to learn about a product or service. 18% would rather read a text-based article, website, or post. (Elite Content Marketer)
- According to the Renderforest survey, 78% of users got more traffic to their website after using videos. (Renderforest)
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching the video. (Siteefy)
- Video generates more engagement than any other content type on Instagram. (Mention)
- 68% of people will watch a full video if it’s a minute long or less. (Convenience and Convert)
- And 39% call a vendor after watching the video. (Forbes)
- 78% of people watch videos online each week, and 55% watch videos every day. (50 Wheel)
- In the last 12 months, video views have grown 220x on Twitter. Also, 93% of the video views on the microblogging platform happen on a mobile device. (Twitter)
- The number one way customers are moving from discovering a brand to purchasing its products is video ads. (Animoto)
- The three most popular types of videos are webinars, demos, and social videos. Given the cancelation of major conferences and events in the wake of the coronavirus crisis in 2020, webinars are a great way to engage with business professionals. (Vidyard)
- 33% of viewers lose attention and will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes. (50 Wheel)
- A Cisco whitepaper forecasted that 82% of all IP traffic (both business and consumer) would be video IP traffic by 2022. (Cisco)
- For under 45 seconds, mobile is the leading device for video consumption in Australia (at 69%). But the non-connected living room widescreen is the king of the screens for over 55 seconds (at 61%). (Facebook)
- No wonder, YouTube is the second most popular website in the world (after Google). (Alexa)
- 91% of marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media. Indeed, 93% of businesses claim to have landed a customer because of a video on social media. (Animoto)
- A study of over 777M Facebook posts by Buffer found that videos manage 59% more engagement than other post types. (Buffer)
- Video is the fastest-growing advertising tool on Twitter. (Twitter)
The benefits of videos for business are literally countless. A set of data introduced above just proves that. Animated videos can help businesses build long-term relationships with customers and promote their products creatively. There is likely no better way to educate people on how to use products/services, to tell about your brand, and engage users on social media than to using videos.
Are you looking, maybe, for a trusted and creative team with a proven track record in producing animated explainer videos for business? At Explain Ninja, we’re always passionate about meeting new challenges and handling new projects. Don’t hesitate to contact our experts to learn how our corporate skills and creativity can be beneficial to your business.Explainer video blog