How to Find a Great Graphic Designer: Top 5 Spots
The graphic designer is the link between the product and the consumer. Design teams take into account the business’s vision and objectives and the buyer’s needs, as well as effectively communicate with all the design process parties. How to find a designer? Search for graphic designers is a common activity when you start your new graphic design project or need to support existing ones on a better level.
Things to Do Before You Hire a graphic designer
Today, a visual graphic designer is often referred to as a cross-functional professional. In addition to working as graphic editors, they perform, for example, tasks from the field of motion design, animation, UX, UI, or other creative media design. So, prior to picking an ideal candidate, consider the main requirements for the development, hard skills, soft skills, and intellectual experience with the Adobe package: mechanical work in Photoshop and graphic editors, etc.
How to find a great graphic designer? Another thing to consider is if you need someone on a freelance basis or find a graphic designer as an in-house worker. Where to find a designer in-house that will meet your criteria? Also, here are the pros and cons.
If the company’s lots of design & development activities, it’s better to take an in-house graphic designer.
If there are few tasks to do, you’d better provide them to the outsourcing or outside specialists to boost your power in achieving the goal and increasing your team’s effectiveness.
The main feature of the in-house designers is that they are always at hand to help, and freelancers are at greater risk. Thus, when you need to entrust the design task to a professional depending on your preferences, it is better to consider some specialized sources for a search of design, art, and other creative work experts.
Today, Adobe’s knowledge, as well as the ability to work with color, typography, disclosure, and composition, motion design is only a minimum basis to look for in a great graphic designer.
Freelance Graphic Designers
Apart from animated video production companies, there are many freelance platforms where you may hire a great designer for your video animation or graphics, but not all of them are pretty reliable. And you don’t want to waste your time or your money while hiring amateurs. Where to find a designer that will meet your criteria? Also, here are the pros and cons.
- Traditional full-time employees are expensive.
- Freelancers save your costs.
You won’t ever have to worry about layoffs because there is always plenty of employment available for independent contractors. Additionally, you have the freedom to select projects of any type and they will be more likely to fit the jobs that fit designers’ skill sets and are financially rewarding.
The majority of the time, it is simpler and less expensive to use freelancers. flexibility in the case of team expansion or contraction are a huge plus.
Freelance designers have flexibility in their lives because they are self-employed. Fewer tasks provide you with more time, while more projects give you more money. Additionally, freelancers have the freedom to select the clients they work with and the assignments they accept that align with their values and interests.
- Cheaper the freelancer, the lesser the quality or skills.
- Tracking the time spent by the freelancer on fixed-pricing jobs is not possible.
You also don’t want to end up with a plagiarized design or run into a designer who doesn’t want to make the edits you need. And of course, you don’t want to pay for a design you can’t use. So, here’s how to find designers that will be in demand – on trusted sources for great graphic designer hiring. Find a graphic designer here:
Spot 1. Upwork
Upwork is the largest freelance site with flexible recruitment options; an excellent choice for long-term cooperation with professional designers and so many other specialists. You can post a task, browse profiles, and hire designers the usual way, or explore Upwork’s Project Directory with thousands of completed designs to hire graphic designers.
- If you offer a high-ticket service or if each assignment is worth thousands of dollars to your company.
- Upwork is worthwhile for experienced freelancers.
- Additionally, Upwork can be worthwhile if your line of work involves a lot of repeat business from each client you get.
- You can constantly apply to work with new clients if you’d like because new jobs are consistently being listed.
Spot 2. Fiverr
This is an old good variant to find graphic designers for hire and the best option for companies with a budget for professional design & video production starting from $5. You can get almost any graphic design service from graphic designers near me you want, from business card and brochure designs to logos, branded graphics, and more.
- If you have the necessary talents and can provide excellent service, Fiverr is a terrific location to make extra money.
- Fiverr can enable you to make as much money as you want by doing what you love from anywhere in the world if you think you have what it takes to offer premium services.
Spot 3. DesignCrowd
DesignCrowd is great design source at an affordable price from the global community of graphic designers. DesignCrowd provide a good balance between budget graphic design on Fiverr and more expensive options on 99designs. The platform will help you get the design you want at an affordable price.
- Through a practice known as crowdsourcing, DesignCrowd gives you access to a “virtual team” of 500,000+ designers from across the world,
- It enables you to quickly and affordably access the top international design talent.
Spot 4. 99designs
99designs helps graphic designers showcase their work and connect with potential clients. You can run a design contest and choose from multiple candidates or work one-on-one with a specific designer. More than 90 different types of design work are available. The platform ensures that you are sure to get a design that will touch your heart.
- 99designs is a global community of professional designers who create everything from logos and apps to book covers and flyers.
- 99designs.com, the largest marketplace for crowdsourced graphic design.
- It allows companies to rapidly and affordably obtain unique graphic design work without taking a chance because you can see the designs before you buy.
Spot 5. LogoNerds
Platforms like Fiverr, 99designs, and DesignCrowd are good choices if you need a variety of graphic designs. However, if all you want is a logo, LogoNerds is definitely worth your attention despite the outdated design of their website. You may also order the design of a mascot or corporate characters, as well as websites for small businesses.
- The price plans for Logo Nerds range from $27 to $97.
- The site also provides a variety of other add-ons, including corporate branding packages and print files for the logo.
- Businesses can submit design requirements to Logo Nerds and connect with their in-house design team to collaborate on the creation of a variety of visual products, including logos, social media assets, and promotional materials, among others.
What Does High-Quality Graphic Design Look Like?
High-quality graphics is a relative term. If we talk about top-notch high-resolution videos and images compared to low-resolution ones, high-resolution media have more pixels, lower compression, or both. These products have higher quality and also larger file sizes. High-resolution rasterized images, such as photographs, appear crisper and more distinct. Smooth animation and graphic design with sharp quality have the same characteristics. Besides, they’re a bit longer to create and more expensive.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Graphic Designer?
How to find a good graphic designer near me? It’s easy – contact us and inquire about everything you need for work, including the prices.
Averagely, the rates for professional graphic designers may vary from $15 to $150 per hour of video production. However, the average cost to hire a freelance designer is $31.25 per hour. Basically, hired graphic designers can make from $32,000 to $77,000 profit annually, either in-house or freelance, depending on the project complexity and other factors.
How to find a good graphic designer? Today, it’s easier than you think. Set the criteria as per your goals and look through their works, when you’re about to make a final decision. Much depends on your budget and goals. So, the prices for freelance graphic designers vary greatly. Stay open and transparent during the search, the more information you provide upfront, the better the designer will be able to bring your vision to life. Feel free to convey the basic concept, even if it looks a little awkward, because the result may pleasantly surprise you in the end. Ask for professional advice from Explain Ninja any time you need it.