How to Embed a Video in Powerpoint?
What, people are still using Powerpoint for presentations? Yes, and they even manage to make these slideshows engaging and not boring at all. How? Easy — embedded videos, just like they do on your favorite websites! It’s no rocket science, and you can do this as well to drive more interest in your presentation.
If you still haven’t tried to insert video into Powerpoint, this article will quickly teach you that! Keep reading, and you’ll see the key ways of adding more style and visual effects to your presentations. So let’s dive right in!
Why are Videos Important in Your Presentation?
Videos aren’t just a nice animator element you can easily add to any project. They drive more engagement and bring the most traffic to a website, paid ad, or even a simple presentation. It’s a powerful marketing tool and a great facilitator for multiple processes.
Embedded videos have various roles:
- Introductory — they can lead you into what the presentation or project is about and help viewers get a broad vision.
- Educational — they inform you about new updates, show tutorials, explain how a particular process works, etc.
- Entertaining — they add a distracting, soothing element and create a sense of pleasure.
- Relaxing — videos lower the cognitive load and help ease the presentation’s piles of text and figures.
- Engaging — embedded videos instantly grab users’ attention and appeal to viewers of all ages and backgrounds.
If you insert a video into a Powerpoint slideshow, you’ll totally make it more attractive and less dull. Plus, they also give some kind of breaks for both viewers and presenters. Viewers get a chance to relax and ease their minds before the following informational block. Presenters can quickly prepare an intro for the next slide and use a quick pause themselves.
As you see, there are multiple reasons to add a video to Powerpoint, so why not try doing it right away?
If you have a project to liven up, here’s a comprehensive step-by-step guide. It includes two different ways to embed a video into your presentation and give your slideshow the necessary movement and smooth flow you’ve been looking for.
How to Embed a Video in Powerpoint? Step by Step
As promised, we’ll have a look at two different ways how to insert video in Powerpoint:
- Adding a video from a file
- Adding a video from a link
Both these ways are super-easy, so there shouldn’t be a problem with any of that. Let’s add a video from a file first!
Embed video in Powerpoint from a File
If you want to add a video from your computer, here’s what you need to do:
- Choose the slide where you want to place the file
- In Powerpoint, go to the Insert tab and then Video
- In the dropdown menu, click Movie Browser
- Select a video from your computer
- Click Insert
This is a fast and reliable method. However, ensure you know it makes your file size larger. If you want to keep your file size smaller, try linking to a video from your computer. One drawback of this method is moving the video file to a new location. Then, your Powerpoint links won’t work.
In this method, the first two steps are the same, but after this, do the following:
- In the dropdown menu, click on Movie from File
- Find the video you want to add
- Click Insert
Done! Wasn’t too hard, right? But what if you want to embed a YouTube video in Powerpoint, for example? Let’s see what you can do!
Insert Video into Powerpoint from a Link
Here, you’ll see how to embed a YouTube video in Powerpoint. Well, not just a YouTube video.
Here is a quick tutorial on how to do that without actually downloading a video:
- Find the desired video you’d like to add.
- Copy the video’s URL.
- Go back to Powerpoint and find the slide to put the video in.
- Get to the Inset tab and click on the arrow next to a Video icon.
- From the dropdown list, pick Online Video.
- Paste the link and click Insert.
- Click on the Play button to see if the video’s been added just fine.
That’s it! Now you can adjust the size of your videos, polish the slides, and deliver a hit presentation.
Embedded videos are a powerful tool that serves a range of functions for both presenters and viewers. It’s a creative, informative, and engaging way to bring your presentation to the next level and raise interest in your product or service.
However, it doesn’t mean it only takes an inserted video to make a presentation look superb. You’ll also need to work on polishing the material, adding a personal touch to every slide, and picking the most proper video to create a Powerpoint masterpiece.
Do you want to create your own animation? Feel free to contact us!
At Explain Ninja, we make great explainer videos on various topics, and rockstar projects are among them! We don’t just create informative and insightful videos but also help companies deliver the most important message to their customers and raise awareness of their brand and products.
If you want to book a call or ask us to produce a video for your project, we’re happy to sort things out for you! Simply visit our website and fill in the contact form. We’ll get in touch as soon as possible and figure out how we can support your business!
Embedded videos in Powerpoint can make your good presentation great. It livens up your slideshow and boosts engagement among your audience. Plus, videos are an excellent means of starting a presentation of any kind. It’s helpful when introducing the brand new product or features, so you shouldn’t write off using them wherever relevant and possible.
If you’re eager to create awesome presentations and keep your audience constantly attentive — we can help you out. Reach out to Explain Ninja so we can work on something beautiful for you!