How Much Does An Explainer Video Cost?
The short engaging explanation video is one of the ways to promote a company or the product. Sometimes we consider that it’s price is accessible to everybody. But is it true for animated video for business? How much does an explainer video cost?
The current range of prices on this service varies from $350 till $35000 for a 60-seconds video. The explainer video price depends on some important factors of web video production like genre, effects, kind. However, the cheap video is not always good. Why – read in our past article.
Remembe, that you get what you pay for. The worth watching movie requires sufficient efforts and sometimes more expensive software. Take into account that the high-quality video attracts more thankful viewers and more orders. So don’t skimp budget and choose companies who take $5,000-$10,000 for the short movie. Animated explainer video cost cannot be low if you really aim for the best quality.
The process of creation of animated video for business
To better understand animated explainer video pricing, you need to see what the process of the creation of the animated videos consists of. Here are the main steps in animated video creation:
- Scriptwriting. You tell to the manager the details about your business and the professional scriptwriters will write the plan which promotes your company in the best way.
- The storyboard and style frames. After the final script is set, it’s time to visualize the story on a paper or draft monitor. This stage takes some days and is very nervous due to multiple corrections.
- The voiceover by a professional artist is one of the most consuming articles of the budget. The actor works for some hours to guarantee the best quality for your movie. Sometimes our experts choose the right voice on auditions around the world. We don’t practice the recording of the sound in the studio by the random people as they will spoil the representation of your brand.
- The next step is animation and design. Of course, we try to use royalty-free images and music, but sometimes it’s impossible due to legal reasons. Besides, sometimes we need to involve freelancers to develop the elements we need.
- The last stage is finalizing of the ready explainer video and delivery to the customer.
The way from the project kickoff till product delivery takes between 4 and 8 weeks of hard nonstop work. Our video production studios do all their best to provide first-class video and this definitely affects the cost of animated explainer video. Don’t skimp on the budget and you’ll receive tons of customers.
What affects the price of explainer videos?
What are the main factors that affect the cost of explainer video? There are plenty of them, but the most important ones would be the length of your video and its style. The complexity of work also affects the price, and it depends on the number of customization and features you want to add. The team’s experience working on a video and the deadline you set also greatly affect the explainer video price.
Time Affects Cost for Explainer Videos
Time is money, right? We all know that, and that is why timing is the most important factor in animated explainer video pricing. Firstly, you should figure out the length of your video.
Most companies can estimate the explainer video cost per minute, but your video might be shorter. It should be long enough to include all the necessary information and short enough to maintain the viewer’s attention.
We can also mention the team’s time in this section. The average time to create a simple video would be 4-5 weeks, but if you need it urgently, you need to understand that the cost of explainer video would grow exponentially.
Styles Affects Cost for Explainer Videos
So, you have decided on the length of your video, but what about the style? It is another factor that affects an explainer video cost. Understandably, the 2D explainer video price would be lower than 3D. But there are more types of 3D and 2D videos. Let’s have a quick look at them.
- Whiteboard Animation: a simple yet popular style for explainer videos that will be a great solution if you have a smaller budget;
- Motion Graphics: a piece of animation with moving objects, figures, or words. It can be 2D or 3D, and it’s a great choice for companies that are trying to avoid characters or people in their branding;
- 2D Animation: another simple yet clear and neat-looking type of explainer video. Have you noticed most big tech corporations use this style? Well, they have a point; it’s catchy, attention-grabbing, and appealing;
- 3D Animation: this type of videos already has volume in them, and they are perfect for visualizing and showcasing products of your company;
- Live-Action: cost of explainer video like this would be much higher as it requires actors, camera people, a director, etc. For some, it may be a little outdated, but you can combine live-action videos with 2D or even 3D animations, and they will fit your brand perfectly;
- Stop-motion: probably, the most time-consuming type of videos to create. Each second of a video takes several frames to combine, and even a 30-second video might take days to produce.